The AWL Conference is held bi-annually and WLAQ will meet the costs of one WLAQ member to attend the Conference on behalf of WLAQ.
In order to be eligible to apply, the applicant must:
- provide a response to the questions below no later than a date prescribed by the Committee (generally at least six weeks prior to the AWL Conference);
- be a financial member of the WLAQ as at the time of application;
- be less than 5 years PAE as at the time of application;
- be able to fly from Brisbane to the conference location for the full weekend; and
- provide a minimum 500 word article for inclusion in WLAQ social media within two weeks of return from the Conference.
What is included
The AWL Delegate will receive return economy flights from Brisbane, attendance at the Conference and two nights’ accommodation at the conference hotel. This cannot be transferred to cash or to another person.
The AWL Delegate will be responsible for the costs of attending the Welcome Drinks, Conference Dinner, taxi costs and all other incidentals.
Please provide a one page resume and a response of no more than two pages to the following:
- What does the AWL Conference ‘theme’ mean to you?
- What session of the AWL Conference would you find most interesting and why?
- If you could host a panel discussion on any topic, what would the topic be and who would you have as your three panellists, living or dead, and why?
All applications are to be in word or pdf format and are to be uploaded below. No email or postal entries will be received. The decision of the Executive Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The delegate will be announced at least four weeks prior to the AWL Conference.
The application period has closed.